Clean water is a necessity for everyday life. When you notice even a minor dip in your water quality you’ll take action to reverse it as soon as possible.
From radon exposure to an excess of minerals, clearing out water and keeping it safe for consumption is an ongoing process. A single loose contaminant can be spread to thousands, even millions, of people. A clean water pump and well service will provide you with reliable technology to combat the most common sources of contamination found in public and private water systems. Remember that water that’s clear and ‘tastes fine’ is still not a sign it’s clean. The best way to treat well water is through reaching out to professionals that are well-versed in all the unseen details that slip under our noses.
Let’s take a look at hydrogen sulfide, problems with iron in water, and all the tiny elements that can ruin your water supply.
Public Water Systems On The East Coast
A single water system can leave a positive impact or a negative impact on millions of people. Over 15 million American households rely on private wells for their drinking water, according to recent studies. The state of New Hampshire alone has over 2,400 public water systems strewn throughout, ranging from public to private and all holding the ability to leave people sick if annual water testing isn’t done. The best way to treat well water is through professional means. Anything less is danger waiting to happen.
Private Wells And Their Communities
Whether the well is private or public, it’s up to you to provide hard water solutions on a constant basis. While public water systems serve nearly 65% of the population of New Hampshire, private water systems require more personal check-ins to make up for the lack of statewide oversight. The other 35% of New Hampshire residents getting water from their private wells are looking forward to over 4,000 new wells being built every year. This is due to the rising population and changing rates of daily water usage.
The Daily Water Usage Of The American Household
Knowing the rates at which water is used can give you a better idea as to when to use a clean water pump and well service. Every American uses 85 gallons of water per day in their home, on average, though this number varies depending on household size and weekly activity. Household water leaks alone can waste over 900 billion gallons of water per year. Common tips provided to homeowners include turning off the water while doing dishes, as allowing the faucet to run just five minutes can waste 10 gallons of water.
Common Water Contaminants And Their Signs
Some water signs are easy to spot. Others are invisible and only show in harmful side-effects. Hard water, for starters, is caused by an excessive build-up of calcium and magnesium in water supplies. This can be seen as a white or gray scummy residue on sinks and faucets. Other contaminants, such as radon or bacteria, is undetectable by the human eye and can only be removed through a mixture of regular testing and water treatment sessions.
Treating Contaminated Water With A Clean Water Pump And Well Service
The only way of lowering radon concentration, reducing hard water build-up, and keeping bacteria at bay is to reach out to a clean water pump and well service annually. Drilled wells are created through percussion or rotary drilling machines, able to be drilled more than 1,000 feet deep. A widely considered adequate domestic supply of water from a well is five gallons per minute. New Hampshire sees 60 surface water supplies used to source the state’s public water, though this will change as yet more wells are installed.
Clean water can be obtained easily. All you have to do is let the professionals handle it.