Planting and Yard Work Heal the Soul
Yesterday you transplanted a peony and planted the last of your lily bulbs. This afternoon you finished the last round of raking and mowing. At least those tasks are done for the next six months. Now you are watering the flower beds, shrubs, and trees to be sure there is enough moisture around the roots to protect them from drying out through the winter months. The next outdoor project you will tackle is to start decorating for Christmas. Fortunately, the weather is going to be perfect!
These tasks may seem either overwhelming or invigorating, but it is important to note that business and corporation owners are facing even bigger tasks and decisions. With a significant number of Americans working from home for what has nw been eight months, fir example, there are important decisions that need to be made about leases and contracts on office space. And even as the residential real estate market in many parts of thee country flourishes, there are commercial realtors who worry about the future of their properties. As more and more companies reevaluate the priorities that will be needed to survive the economic challenges of these times it should come as no surprise that the sales of warehouse partitioning systems and products for modular warehouse offices soar. In an effort to cut costs on office space and provide better health care coverage and childcare options for their workers, for instance, the expense of fancy, sky high offices seems less realistic.
Could New Modular Warehouse Offices Help Your Company Cut Costs?
When the pandemic caused millions of workers to transition to their home offices and manufacturing plants to rethink the worker spaces in their company, most companies were in the middle of multi year leases. With each passing month, however, the end of those leasing contracts inch closer and closer. As a result, there are a number of companies that may decide to forgo the previously expensive and luxurious office spaces for other kinds of options. Reevaluating the spaces where people work is not only a matter of physical health for workers, it is also a matter of financial stability for many companies. Moving managers and executives closer to the fully functioning factories and warehouses may be solved with the installation of modular warehouse offices and in-plant office spaces. Fortunately, long before the thoughts of Covid 19 began to make many fearful about the health and the economy of the nation, it is important to note that the modular warehouse offices and partitioning systems industries were already in place. Saving both money and time, it is important to note that the modular building industry has been as important part of the success and flexibility of many industries.
consider some of these facts and figures about the many ways that all kinds of companies are rethinking the use of office, manufacturing, and production spaces:
- Nearly a decade ago in 2011, prefabricated and modular construction was already popular for certain commercial applications: 49% of respondents used these processes for healthcare facilities, 42% used them for dormitories and other college buildings, and 42% used these methods to construct manufacturing facilities.
- Modular methods allow for speedier construction times while still maintaining quality. One Chinese modular construction company, for example, recently built a 57-story building in a mere 19 days.
- Permanent and relocatable are the two main types of modular construction. Both of them are being used now more than ever before as companies across the country rethink the safest and healthiest use of all of their spaces.
- Modular construction can reduce waste materials like cement, bricks, timber, concrete, wood pallets, shrink wrap, cardboard, and plasterboard by as much as 90%, according to UK-based WRAP (Waste and Resources Action Programme).
- Modular construction is becoming increasingly popular for hotels. For instance, Marriott International pledged to modularly construct 13% of its North American developments in 2017. Those numbers are expected to increase significantly as the year 2020 ends.
- In addition to the saving of both time and money, modular constructions also reduce energy consumption during the building process by as much as 67% and reduce energy costs later on for occupants.