Now that the calendar has hit 2020, for many companies that means one thing: trade show season.
For companies in many industries across the U.S., trade shows are some of the most important business days of the year. There are more than 250 convention centers from coast to coast in the United States currently and it’s a fair bet that important trade shows happen in all of them annually.
Why are trade shows so important? There are many reasons why:
- When it comes to selling to a customer, there’s no better chance than to do it face to face to show a customer what your company is all about.
- They are very cost-effective as far as advertising and networking is concerned because companies can deal with customers face-to-face and address their needs in-person.
- If companies know what they’re doing, they can leave positive, lasting impressions on customers.
- Companies can more and better opportunities to make direct sales because trade shows are most often intended for a target audience.
- They give companies a chance to showcase their newest products—which is usually why many big trade shows are held annually.
- Trade shows give companies of all sizes a chance to meet customers face-to-face, so everybody gets a shot to make an impression.
If trade shows play an important role in the way your company conducts business then you’re no doubt aware how important trade show freight logistics are. As successful as trade show shows can be, there’s a lot of logistics involved just to make sure your company is set up for success. If you think about it, you have to figure out how much material you need, how your trade show freight is getting from your offices to the trade show site, where you’re staying (as far as accommodations) and what your pitch to customers is going to be.
Trying to keep all those points in order can be difficult and that’s why logistics companies can be a big help. When it comes to trade show freight, logistics companies can help with truckload shipping rates, expedited freight, trade show shipments and just about everything in between to make sure your materials get where you need them to go.
Do you hate having to set up and tear down every time your company does a trade show? Logistics companies can help you move materials into a convention center before a show and help you move them out when it’s all done. As if that wasn’t enough, they can also help you tear down.
If a certain trade show requires that you move your trade show freight across the country, standard methods of shipping might not be the best things to use. Logistics companies on other hand can offer friendly shipping rates, handle all sensitive materials with proper care and ensure that your materials end up at the right convention center.
The best logistics companies can offer plenty of benefits including:
- Affordable truckload shipping rates
- Ability to meet the time-sensitive and tight delivery deadlines for trade shows
- Project management for larger cargo
- Transportation of trade show supplies to and free the trade show venue
- On board couriers
- Climate control
- Time-sensitive delivery
- Vehicles that are air ride equipped
Even as drones and technology are changing the way companies conduct business, the trucking industry isn’t going anywhere. When it comes to shipping and delivery, trucks still shoulder a lot of the freight load. The value of freight moved is expected to grow from $882 per ton in 2007 to $1,377 per ton in 2040.
If you’ve got an important trade show coming up, don’t hesitate to contact a logistics company. A good logistics company can take all the stress out of trade show planning, helping you deliver your trade show freight to the right place, helping you tear down when trade shows are over and offering you affordable rates and many options for getting all your stuff to where it needs to go. The last thing you want is to be left hanging before a big show and a logistics company will make sure that doesn’t happen.