If you have a desk and chair, you need carpet chair mats or hard floor chair mats. These are some of the most important parts of the office, whether yours is a commercial or home office. Here are six things that will happen if you don’t have carpet chair mats or a thick chair mat for your hardwood floor.
- You’ll have a harder time with multitasking. If you’re like most people, you need to move from your desk to the printer, the fax machine, the filing cabinet, or somewhere else multiple times in the day. If your chair doesn’t roll easily, that’s a tiny bit of aggravation every time you attempt to move. Those bits of aggravation add up until it’s all you can think about. Over time, this can destroy productivity and even make you come to hate your office space.
- You won’t be as safe as you would be with carpet chair mats. Office chairs can get caught on the carpet and tip over. They can be pushed so hard by someone trying to get out of them that they fall instead of sliding. A custom chair mat keeps anything like that from happening, meaning that when you shove in a moment of distraction, trying to make your chair move, you won’t end up in the hospital instead.
- You won’t enjoy the ambiance that carpet chair mats can provide. A nice desk chair mat adds a lot to the office. It makes the whole place look more neat and organized. In addition, carpet chair mats and office floor mats come in any style, size, shape, and color you might want. Want to bring a pop of color to the office? Mimic a hardwood floor? Darken things with a black chair mat? A pleasing, orderly environment is conducive to concentrated and efficient work.
- You’re hurting yourself. It’s not just that mats keep you from falling over; they also make it easier on your entire body as you move around. Your musculoskeletal system doesn’t have to work so hard to move you, and that’s a good thing in this case. Save your muscular effort and your contortions for the gym: in the office, the movements aren’t natural or helpful.
- You aren’t protecting your floor. This is the most obvious reason for getting carpet chair mats. They protect the floor! They don’t allow your carpet to get snagged by chairs, and you won’t have streaks that run deep into the carpet from the wheels going over them in the same spot over and over again. Hardwood and tile floors get protection from scratches and discoloration, while any type of floor will look better when there’s something between it and your giant mug of coffee.
- You aren’t protecting your chair. The wheels of your office chair weren’t made to roll over carpet. It’s hard on them, and if you’re constantly shoving and pushing at your chair to make it go when it doesn’t want to, that’s going to show eventually and will shorten the life of your chair.
There are a lot of reasons that you need a good desk chair mat. They protect the office, they protect your chair, and they protect you. They can even make things look better and help inspire you to be more efficient! Invest in a quality desk chair mat today.