In a time when so many Americans are looking for ways to live a less cumbersome life, it should come as no surprise that more and more home buyers are looking toward planned private residential community settings where some of the normal maintenance is taken care of. In fact, some of the latest research indicates that in the year 2018 alone, as many as 5.34 million existing homes and 667,000 newly constructed homes were sold, according to data from the National Association of Realtors. The trend in these numbers is toward not only older Americans looking at a private residential community, but younger couples with families as well. Whether you are considering one-acre parcels outside the city, or available homes for sale in a school district of your choice, it is always going to be important to consider the maintenance work your home purchase will require.
Consider these facts and figures about the many times when paying ATTENTION TO DETAILS is an important part of owning a home:
- Air conditioners and furnaces represent a significant investment for all property owners. For this reason, it is essential that you get the help of a professional when it comes to the twice a year service that is required to make sure that a unit is running as efficiently as possible.
- Taking the time to create a month by month calendar of the regular kinds of service that you want to do around your home can help you stay on top of many things that can go wrong on a house.
- The roof and gutters on a home need to be examined once every three or four years, and in the event that a major storm comes through the area you may need to take the time to replace some of these materials.
- Every three or four years most homes should be painted.
- No home owner typically has all of the skills that it takes to maintain a home.
- The return on investment (ROI) is significant if you remodel or renovate a kitchen or a bathroom. As a result, it is very important to make sure that you pay for the highest quality materials you can afford and that you hire the contractor with the most experience.
- In high quality remodels the initial investment may be more significant, but the results often help add to the value of your home and pay off in the long run.
- One of the best ways to add value to the home where you live is to make sure that you upgrade to more energy efficient appliances.
- No one home owner typically has the skills to address all of the maintenance issues in a home, so it is important to rely on the necessary resources when specific problems like plumbing, heating, and electrical occur.
- The amount of upkeep in a home is in direct correlation to the age of a home. For this reason, buying a new construction home is very appealing to first time home buyers.
- Older homes, in comparison, require more work. And while they may list on the real estate market for a lower price, these kinds of property purchases require more renovations for plumbing and electrical.
- Doing small maintenance work like repairing trim work and cleaning outside windows on a yearly basis can help a property owner organized.
- Every small pavement crack in a driveway or sidewalk warrants attention so that a property owner knows when more extensive repair or replacement work is needed.
- The heating and cooling system in a home is typically one of the more expensive investments.
- Air conditioning and heating units are especially important in a time when so many places in the country are experiencing extreme weather conditions.
- Instead of waiting to call for emergency help during the hottest week of the summer it is important that you follow through on the recommended manufacturer maintenance plans so that your AC unit is working when you need it.
- Looking at one of the most coveted places to live, in 2016, up to 45% of homes sold in Maui were bought by out-of-state home buyers.
- Some buyers in Hawaii and on the main land are specifically looking for the ease of purchasing in a private residential community.
Private residential community home purchases often come with association maintenance fees that cover many of these details.R