Used in the visual inspection of aircraft engines, industrial gas turbines, steam turbines, diesel engines, and automotive and truck engines, horoscopes play an important role in a number of industries. And during a time when many businesses have been at least briefly shut down as the nation sets new standards and parameters for dealing with the pandemic, it should come as no surprise that the use of borescope services is in high demand. Just as city road crews across the naiton were taking advantage of the fact that there were fewer vehicles on the road for many. weeks and sending road crews out in force to take care of needed projects, there were many companies that used down times at their plants to schedule borescope services, turbine support services and other kinds of inspections.
Finding the provider that a business wants for these needed borescope services, however, can be a challenge in a time when so many companies are trying to schedule these inspections. As one example of when these services are needed, it is important to note the frequent use of generators and turbines in many of the companies across the country.
Borescope Services and Inspections Allow Companies to Make Sure That Turbines and Generators Are Running Safely
Most people understand the inclusion of HAZMAT training in the work place. In fact knowing that it is important for businesses to make sure that every employee is as safe as possible is fairly standard. What many people, do not know, however, is that there is also a system in place to make sure that tools and pieces of equipment are operating as effectively and safely as possible. Some of the training that is included is knowing what to do when a worker comes upon a spill. Making sure that the spill is correctly cleaned up, understanding that some of the spills may involve chlorine or other kinds of chemicals, and other specifics are essential to the safety of a workplace. So, too, is the safety of generators and turbines in large factories, airplanes, and any other location that uses this kind of large equipment. Scheduling regular borescope services is one of the best ways to make sure that all of this equipment is operating as effectively as possible.
Consider some of these facts nd figures about the use of borescope services, steam turbine testing services, and safety measures:
- A Combined Cycle Gas Turbine (CCGT) plant can achieve a thermal efficiency of approximately 62% in base-load operation. A single cycle steam power plant, in contrast, is limited to efficiencies of approximately 35% to 42%.
- Typically, at 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit versus 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit for a steam turbine, gas turbines operate at a much higher temperature than steam turbines.
- On a ship, salt particles can be damaging to a turbine. Once salt particles attach themselves to turbine blades, for example, they attract other particles, including dirt. These particles can decrease the turbine’s power output by as much as 15%.
- The compressor module, the combustion module, and the turbine module are the three primary modules in a gas turbine.
- Steam turbines have been used since the 1880s for electricity production, but the use fo gas turbines is just as common today. Heavy frame engines and aeroderivative engines are the two types of land based gas turbines.
- Natural gas is the second most heavily consumed energy source in the U.S., and this means that all of the equipment that relies on natural gas should be well maintained and inspected on a regular basis.
- In 2016, the U.S. was the largest producer of natural gas worldwide, extracting almost 750 billion cubic meters of natural gas. Being the leader in this industry requires that company owners make sure their equipment is inspected on a regular basis.
There have been many disadvantages of the pandemic that the world is facing. Schools were required to immediately transform to an online format, weddings and graduations were cancelled, and many, many people have lost their jobs. One advantage to the temporary shut down of many manufacturing plants, however, just may be that inspections and repairs were taken care of during the time that warehouses and factories were closed.