Many people know that looking for a job can be extremely frustrating. It can feel like a losing battle at times. You need a job just so you can make the money that you need to survive, but in some cases, it can be impossible to find one no matter how hard you try. In some cases, trying to find a job can feel like a job in itself. It can help in some cases to have the help of a staffing agency. Whatever staffing agency you choose, it should be one who is able to find good opportunities for you, so that they can help you make connections with people who might be able to offer you employment.
In some cases, ad agency recruiters might be helpful. In other cases, you might actually be interested in working for an ad agency and might wonder things such as, where can I find advertising agency jobs near me? An agency for employment can be very helpful, regardless of the field in which you are looking for a job. Many employment agencies will have job openings that are available in multiple fields, and you can choose the ones that you feel might be a good fit for you.
The modern business environment increasingly becoming competitive and getting the right staff is important for the success of your business. However, employee retention is a challenge for most companies and the need for temporary staffing service is almost inevitable. Followed by employee engagement at 36%, retention is a major concern for human resource professionals at 46%.
The costs of employee turnover range from 30% to 150% of the employee’s salary. For a business whose labor needs change throughout the year, hiring a temp agency can help you to cut down on the recruiting cost and give you access to a pool of qualified candidates. Most importantly, temporary staffing allows companies to focus on the core functions of running the business and hence rely on staffing companies to fill up temporary job positions. These are just some of the benefits of working with a temp agency for your staffing solutions.
How to Choose the Right Temporary Employment Agency for Your Business
Temp service help to source qualified candidates for different types of jobs such as receptionists, sales associate, computer system experts, management consultants, administrative assistant, and customer service representative among other short-term job openings.
Some temp agencies will focus on particular job placement options, like specialists and expert positions. In addition to recruitment and training, most of these agencies also offer perks at work such as holiday accruals, full paid leaves and sick off days.
- Is there application cost involved?
- Who gets charged for the job placement ad?
- Will you be offered any form of training?
- Are any benefits of working with a temp agency?
- How is the transition from temporary to permanent jobs?
In most cases, it’s the employer who covers the placement fee. This allows any potential candidate who may not have been able to apply due to costs attached, get an opportunity. Once you apply and get shortlisted for the next step, you’ll be taken through a formal panel interview where your skills and experience on paper will be reviewed.
If a recruiter thinks you fit the demands of a particular job, you considered for the next part of recruitment, which is training. This is especially important to the employer since it reduces the cost of having to train the employee again and allow quick assimilation into the system.
Benefits of Working with a Temp Agency
For a business, the three main advantages of using a staffing agency include:
- Recruitment is a crucial process for any business and it’s often coupled with a lot of risks and grey areas. To avoid being on the wrong side of the law regarding labor, opt for a certified temp agency that specializes in staffing needs and can help your business comply with the Labor Law and Employment Act.
- Reduce Turnover Costs – The costs of employee turnover range from 30% to 150% of the employee’s salary. Keeping in mind that this is a non-revenue generating expense, small and medium-size business suffers a lot when it comes to maintaining this expenditure.
- Fast and efficient – A temp agency helps a business achieve a productive and efficient working environment by reducing administration and management functions. This allows the company enough time to concentrate more on the core business function and improve its effectiveness.
Finding Temporary Job Placement
If your traditional job search isn’t bearing any fruits, or seem to take forever to get something, considering temp agency is your best option. In addition to a stream of short-term income, you get skills from working on different types of jobs. Seek referrals from friends and family while doing your research on the best temp agencies that list career opportunities across multiple industries.