Private jets can help you get to all your personal or business related events or meetings, without the hassle of commercial flying. However, you may have questions about how to go about finding the best chartered flight for you. Here are some tips to ensure you find the right broker for you, without any unnecessary headaches.
When choosing a broker for private flights, don’t hesitate to shop around and talk to multiple options. Some specific questions you may wish to ask them are:
- Is the charter operator FAA certified, and what experience do they have specifically? How long have they been in the business? This can help ascertain if the company has enough experience to make your flight as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
- Has the FAA ever taken action against any members of the operators or crew members, and if so what was the issue?
- What is the safety record of the operators, and have there ever been any accidents? If so, what measures were taken to prevent future issues? You want to know you are safe when you charter a private jet, make sure you know a companies record before flying with them.
- Is the crew trained beyond the minimum requirements of the FAA?
- Do the private jets have attendants, and are they trained for the specific plane you will be flying in?
- How often are the aircraft’s maintenance, and who is responsible for their upkeep? You want to be sure that the plane is serviced by qualified professionals to ensure safety in all aspects.
- If you are flying international be sure to ask if the pilot has experience flying to the countries you will be visiting.
- Ask if the charter company will assist with customs and immigration, by handling forms or visa information.
- Does the crew have experience with customer service, or do they receive training in that area?
- Check for satisfaction ratings and see what others who have flown with the company have to say about their experience.
- How soon will the plane be ready before departure, and what time can you arrive?
- Ask how problems will be resolved if an issue is encountered with your personal experience, or what their reimbursement policy is if for whatever reason the flight has to be canceled.
When you go to charter a jet, the above questions can be tailored to suit the needs of your trip, and of course you should feel free to ask any additional questions you deem necessary.
Chartering a private jet is a great way to get to all your personal and business arrangements. However, if you are new to chartering, take the time to find the right broker and company to meet your needs. Don’t hesitate to ask questions, as this will inform you as to how experienced the company is, and how accommodating they will be for you. You deserve to have the best experience when flying,and finding the right company that charters private jets can give you exactly that.