Whether health and wellness companies know it or not, packaging has never been more important than it is today.
As Americans seek more and better ways to keep themselves healthy, they’re reading labels more frequently and being more cautious about what they’re putting into their bodies. In fact, 85% of customers have indicated that their purchasing decisions are informed by reading a product package while they shop. What’s more, about 62% of Americans have indicated they read food labels when they shop.
Whether you’re talking about chocolate packaging, tea packaging, spice packaging, vegetable and fruit packaging or even protein powder packaging, how a product is presented is very important. In the case of protein powder packaging, one of the most common ways it’s presented is in stand-up bags.
More and more, companies are ditching boring, rigid packaging for more flexible options like stand-up bags and stand-up pouches to better promote products and drive sales. Believe it or not, there are many benefits to stand-up pouches and not just for protein powder packaging:
- Better shape and structure: One of the best things about stand-up pouches is that they can be made in all kinds of sizes and shapes to hold all kinds of products. Customers are well-familiar with the traditional round-bottom pouches, but there are also quad-sealed pouches as well as K-sealed pouches to name a few. If a company is really looking to get creative, stand-up pouches can also be cut into custom shapes.
- Lower cost: If companies are looking to reduce their packaging costs, stand-up pouches are an easy go-to. Believe it or not, traditional rigid packaging costs companies a lot more than flexible packaging—think about three to six times more. By going with more flexible packaging of any kind, a company can drastically improve its profit margins.
- Convenience: As our world continues to become quicker and more automated, customers are always look for convenience any way they can get it. Companies that add value to their brand with easy, convenient packaging, to say nothing of the fact that it keeps products more fresh. In the case of food, companies can offer packaging designed so that a customer doesn’t even have to remove food from the bag when heating it up.
- Standing out: As previously mentioned, there any number of shapes and sizes available with stand-up pouches, so there’s a lot of options to help a business stand out on store shelves. These pouches have lots of surface area, so companies can put their logos and slogans and product messages front and center so customers see it.
- Sustainability: As if the above-mentioned benefits weren’t enough, stand-up pouches are also better for the environment. This flexible packaging uses less materials and energy to make, which means fewer volatile organic compounds are produced. They’re also lighter than some traditional packaging, which saves space in landfills, cuts down on fuel emissions and takes up less space overall since many types can be recycled.
- Visual effect: In a day and age where customers want (and need) to know everything about a product quickly before they decide whether or not to buy it, flexible packaging like stand-up pouches offer companies a lot of options. Specialized printing allows for eye-catching graphics and bright, clear messages on packaging so customers are sure to see it.
- Safety: Not only do customers want convenience in their packaging (I.e. grab and go), but they want to be sure that whatever they buy is kept fresh and safe inside that packaging. Thankfully, pouches help keep food fresh and resistant to puncturing, tearing, heat, moisture and contaminants among other things.
By using stand-up pouches for protein powder packaging and for various other products, companies can ensure that their products are kept fresh, ensure that their products are safe and ultimately entice the customer to buy whatever they’re selling. These days, businesses try to do whatever they can to grab and keep a customer’s attention and special and unique packaging is a sure-fire way to do that.