Plumbing is arguably an essential part of a homeowner. From the pipes that bring clean water into one’s home to the drains that carry away dirty water, plumbing systems are necessary for everyday life, and when they’re not working, it can be a real pain in the neck. The video below has more details, so please watch it!.] With just a little bit of basic knowledge and some simple DIY tips, one can keep their plumbing in good shape and avoid calling in a local plumber. Here’s what you need to know:
- Clogs typically happen because people flush things they shouldn’t be washing (like paper towels and wet wipes) or because they dump grease down their drain.
- One’s pipes are typically copper or plastic.
- If one has a plastic pipe and it’s leaking, they should try tightening the fitting. If that doesn’t work, replace the line with PVC.
- If one is using copper pipe and it’s leaking, solder over it again. If that doesn’t work, replace the tube with PEX or CPVC.
- If one’s toilet is clogged or overflowing, try plunging it first. Contact home to get more details.